Dental implants and dental bridges in Florence, KY both replace missing teeth, restoring your smile and your bite. However, there are key differences between these tooth replacement options.
We offer both options in our dental office, and your dentist can talk to you more about the pros and cons of each, especially in comparison to your smile goals and unique oral health profile.
Dental Implants in Florence, KY
Dental implants are the most modern approach to tooth replacement and the only option the restores your tooth and its root.
Your implant dentist in Florence surgically implants your replacement root, allowing it to bond to the jawbone over time. When integration is complete, we top your implant with a dental crown. This crown acts as your replacement tooth.
We can also use dental implants to fix a denture to the jaw. This means fewer implants and a more secure denture.
A Dental Bridge Closes the Gap in Your Smile
A dental bridge means a replacement tooth or teeth cemented between dental crowns. The dental crowns—one on either side of the bridge—cap teeth. This allows the bridge to complete your smile.
We can also use dental implant posts to secure your bridge.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants and Dental Bridges
The pros and cons of dental implants include:
- Dental implants can help prevent jawbone deterioration by stimulating your bone with the replacement root.
- Dental implants prevent tooth migration by closing smile gaps.
- Dental implants are the most permanent and natural tooth replacement option.
- Dental implants restore bite and function.
There are few cons to dental implants. However, you must have sufficient jawbone for implant placement, which may mean pretreatments. Dental implants may also be more expensive than dental bridges.
The pros and cons of dental bridges include:
- The dental bridge can restore bite and function.
- The dental bridge is typically less expensive than the dental implant
- The dental bridge can help prevent tooth migration.
On the other hand, the dental bridge will need replacement in the future, and it will not work to prevent bone loss in the jaw.
For More Information about Tooth Replacement in Florence, Give Us a Call
A complete smile can improve your confidence and promote better oral health. Reach out to us today to get started.